Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dental Cleaning for Dogs

After my recent visit to the dentist, it occurred to me that I ought to take Lucy to the vet for a dental cleaning. I did some research online and found this useful blog called "Small Dogs Paradise" which had a posting regarding dental cleaning dental cleaning.

It suggests that you brush your dog's teeth daily, which I had intended to do when I first adopted Lucy, but I got out of practice. I have a toothbrush for her and dog toothpaste, which is chicken flavored. I have found it hard to get and keep her mouth open for an actual through tooth brushing. Usually, I can only brush her front teeth and then she just licks off the toothpaste which she likes. I best get back into the habit. I'll enjoy those doggie kisses more too (which now don't smell so good).

No comments: