Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Year Anniversary/Adoption Birthday for Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!

Although we didn't mark April 10th with an event to celebrate, I recalled April 10th 2008 fondly.

I remember I had that sales meeting at a customer site and all I could think about was, "Call the shelter to confirm the adoption!". That was that Monday, which must have been April 7th. I think I have a whole essay about those few days in my first blog postings.

All I can say is that adopting Lucy has simply been wonderful, wuenderbar! So, although I spent Friday April 10th, volunteering at a local rescue mission, I did spent a little extra time that evening on a longer walk and more play time with Lucy and quietly honored her.

That weekend, April 11th & 12th, we treated Lucy to not just 1 but 2 "doggie easter egg hunts"! We got the idea from the AniMall fundraiser we brought her to on Saturday the 11th and then used the remaining plastic eggs filled with dog treats Easter Sunday in my parent's backyard. Since my niece and nephew couldn't be there, we had no little ones to hold an Easter Egg Hunt for, Lucy was more than happy to fill in! Will post photos.

No comments: