Friday, May 8, 2009

Dogs and cats used for fur in China? I hope not.

I bought a pair of shoes from a local store and decided to google the maker, Olsen Haus. Their website is:http://www.olsenhaus.com/home.html

Although not a vegetarian anymore, I still do support animal rights. I know that some vegans out there will not agree with eating meat and still supporting animal rights, but I still think it's possible.

What really alarmed me though, especially as a dog lover, was information on their website that dogs and cats are used in China for fur. This article is not for the faint of heart, neither is the section on Olsen Haus' "Truth About Animals" Section.

The article was referenced on Olsen Haus's website:


http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=10562373


I've never heard of this potential issue before. I really hope that it's isolated and fear that it isn't. I plan to do more research on this.

On a lighter note, my new pair of shoes look very nice:

No comments: