Thursday, November 15, 2012

Daily walk in Rhythm and seeing Tempo

Today, the song running through my head was by Mealoaf, "We were doubly blessed - we were barely 17 and we were barely dressed..."just that part while walking Lucy on her morning walk. Odd. Almost every morning now there is a song that pops into my head and stays with me the whole walk. Today, we saw Tempo on our morning walk. Tempo is the huge gray Great Dane puppy. He was jumping up and down and his human is a petite woman who probably weighs less than he does. He immediately did the play bow to Lucy. Lucy's tag was wagging a little, but her fur was also raised up a bit too. He's simply giant compared to 25 pound Lucy. She bared her teeth at him twice and I scolded her. "It's okay, Tempo needs to know that not every dog wants to play with him, " she said. I let them sniff each other again. Tempo is so tall, that Lucy can only sniff his mid calf! Funny. Tempo and Lucy then sniffed each other's noses and Tempo licked Lucy's face. I think it's a sign of affection and submission. If so, it's funny that such a large dog would be submissive to a tiny one. I guess Lucy is all personality and probably and alpha dog! Tempo is just adorable. I feel that he doesn't know how large he is. He really is the proverbial "bull in a china shop"

No comments: