Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First weekend without Lucy - Lucy at grandparent's

Tuesday May 20th 2008:
This past weekend was the first weekend I went away without Lucy. My parents "dog sat" and they were excited about it, as was Lucy. In Wilmington, I kept seeing dogs everywhere we went and I missed having Lucy with me. I kept thinking, "I wonder if Lucy would like this." Every dog I met, I wished Lucy were with us. I imagined her running full speed gracefully along the ocean's edge. *sigh*. In real life, she'd probably poop on the beach and not come when I called...but that's my problem as her owner not hers.

When we returned, I picked up Lucy and asked my parents about any Lucy adventures. "Oh, none," they said. But then I stayed for dinner and learned that Lucy had a few firsts:

1) First taste of watermelon
2) First taste of hamburger
3) First time she pulled out a watering rod from a garden & caused garden damage. My mom was good natured about it.
4) First time snuggling with them on the couch while they watched a movie

Lucy seemed very happy when I picked her up and that was nice. I think they wanted to keep her! *lol*

Today I took Lucy to work and at lunch, took her to the park with a lake for a short walk. I brought her up to the shoreline where there is sand and a mini-beach. She was so excited about the water. She crawled forward in a moment, then crawled backwards as the tide came in. She repeated many times. Then she scratched at the sand and then shoved her entire nose and face in it to test it out. Then she sneezed. She was so excited about the water and couldn't stop staring at the small waves. I wanted to let her off the leash to swim, but the water has mercury contamination and is not safe for swimming, plus I'm not sure she'd come when I called her out. Anyhow, that was my Lucy adventure this past week. I can't wait for more.

No comments: