Monday, May 5, 2008

Lucy explores my office - Friday May 2nd

Lucy's usual reaction to a new building is to drop to all fours and practically grab the floor with her paws. I gather that she's afraid of going into new buildings, so I did my best to gently coax her down the hall by happily calling her, "Come, Lucy" and then offering her a treat to sit. She started to seem more relaxed once we got to the door of my office within the building. Then it was hard to juggle my laptop, snack bag, water bottle, key badge and the lease. The door almost hit her and she seemed scared. I felt bad at my bad juggling act.

Once in my office, I closed the door and took her off the lease. She happily sniffed every inch of the office for a long time while I set up my computer and started my day. I tried to take a few candid snapshots of her, but she seems to know that sound of my digital camera booting up and she comes running towards me or starts sniffing the air. The best snapshot which really epitomizes her ability to squeeze into tight places is this one below. All you can see is her tail as she crawled between the built in office furniture and the wall:

No comments: