Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lucy's first cook-outs - 2 in one day!


Lucy's first cook-outs - 2 in one day! Also on Saturday May 10th, Lucy joined us for not 1 but 2 cook-outs. The first was at my parent's house for a friend & his sister visiting from Germany. Her son adored playing with Lucy in the backyard and also got some great snapshots of her. Lucy's favorite thing to do there is to run like crazy around the backyard. Her speed and agility are quite impressive. I took a quick videoclip with my digital camera.



That evening, we took her to my friend Leslie's cook-out in her backyard. She has a dog tether, no a "dog run" but the run was so long and Lucy kept knocking over things like the torch lanterns around the yard, so that ended quickly. Instead I spent our 2 hours or so there, with Lucy next to me on the leash. Leslie's yard is only 98% fenced in, so I couldn't let Lucy off of the leash. Lucy met most of our friends, except Corrine and her boyfriend Kevin. They adored Lucy and I kept trying to take pics of them with her, but she was so excited by the smells of cheese and hamburgers on the grill, that we couldn't keep Lucy still. We still got a few cute pics:











No comments: